Benefits Of Mangoes
I am so very fond of fruits and to tell you the truth I don’t even think about their calorie or fat content. I am so thankful to our mother nature which has given us the best foods i.e. fruit in different forms, different season and almost everywhere on this Earth.
Anyways today I thought of discussing about our king of fruits “Mangoes” which is loved by almost everyone globally. If you haven’t tried it yet, do it as soon as you can because that’s one of the fruits you are going to love for sure. Summer means mangoes for me and you have all the reasons to enjoy it in any form you want, be it as smoothie, cakes, juices, pieces, sliced or a whole mango anyhow you want.
If you ever feel guilty about eating mangoes today I will give you multiple reasons to get off that guilt and just enjoy this delicious fruit. Let’s learn about how useful a mango is to us.
Benefits of Mangoes:
1. Good for diabetes – Mango fruit has a low glycemic index so eating them moderately won’t spike your blood sugar levels. If people suffering from type 1 diabetes consume high fiber foods, they would have lower glucose levels and type 2 person will have improved insulin and blood sugar levels. Remember to eat in moderation as too much of anything is not good.
2. Healthy skin and hair – When it comes to skin we prefer buying expensive cosmetics or going to a parlor. Mango would go easy on your pockets and will also help you get clear and healthy skin. Adequate amount of vitamin C when taken is required for building and maintenance of collagen which provides structure to both skin and hair. Presence of vitamin A&C does wonders when taken internally and applied as a mask externally.
3. Helps prevent cancer – fruits are rich in antioxidants and so is mango which helps the body to protect itself from colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancer.
4. Good for digestion – Mangoes because of their fiber and water content helps breaking down protein which is helpful in preventing constipation and provides good digestion.
5. Healthy heart – As mangoes are rich in fiber, potassium and vitamin content it makes our heart fight against diseases. So for a healthy heart and to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases you should have mangoes.
6. Good for eyes – Carrot are great for eyes no doubt but mangoes does contain vitamin A which provides good eyesight and prevents night blindness.
7. Protect against heat stroke – Apart from the ripe ones raw mangoes are used as a coolant to fight against heat stroke. You just need to cook the raw mangoes on heat, peel them and mix it in water with any sweetner and it becomes the natural coolant which helps your body in summer to protect itself from heat stroke.
8. Immune booster – Mangoes contains beta carotene and different form of carotenoids and also good amount of vitamin A & C which makes our immune system healthy and strong.
So there you have it. I have listed enough health benefits of this delicious sweet fruit so you can have it everytime you see it 🙂 Remember though that moderation is the key and you can’t wholly depend on any single food group to get all the benefits, so try focusing on everything and it will help you stay fit & healthy.