Paneer Bhurji – Healthy Cottage Cheese Indian Recipe
My daughter loves paneer (cottage cheese) so I have to make it everyday and hence I need to add variations to it also otherwise she won’t eat the same thing everyday 🙂 So today I will post a simple and yummy paneer bhurji recipe which goes well with chapati or parantha and can be given to kids in their lunch box as well or you can have it for a wholesome food experience for lunch or dinner, its healthy and its tasty.
Paneer (cottage cheese) – 200 g
Onion- finely chopped (1 nos)
Green chilli -1 nos
Coriander leaves – finely chopped(2 tbsp)
Salt -to taste
Garam masala – 1⁄2 tbsp
Tomatoes – 2 nos
Turmeric – 1 pinch
Jeera -1 pinch
Oil – 4 tbsp
● Heat pan on a medium flame, add 4 tbsp oil to it and let it get heated
● Add cumin seeds to it and let it crackle
● Add onion and green chilli to it as finely chopped and cook it on a slow flame
● Look at the onions, once cooked they become translucent
● Add garam masala, salt and turmeric to it and mix it well and let it be on slow flame
● Add tomatoes to it (chopped – chop the tomato well) and make sure you use the ripe ones
● Cover it with a lid and let the tomatoes get well cooked
● Once you can easily mash the tomato with the spoon add grated cottage cheese to it and let it get cooked.
● Cover it for a minute or two and let it get cooked completely
● Once cooked garnish with finely chopped coriander.
So try this recipe and enjoy the health benefits of a tasty healthy dish.